Monday 1 July 2013

87 - Russian Salad [Ensalada Rusa]

Once again another tapas recipe to fulfill one of my works requirements. Today at my lunchtime job I was put in charge of the salad bar. Which sounds a bit dull but with regards to tapas it was pretty handy. Lots of fresh ingredients and plenty opportunity to fill up little pots with well...stuff. This is a potato salad called a Russsian salad for some reason that uses an unhealthy amount of mayonnaise and potato. I'm always reminded of an ex of mine who used to love the M+S version of this stuff. For this one though I made my own mayonnaise too which was fun and well it all got eaten by the customers too so can't have been that bad...

The Verdict:
While I like mayonnaise in moderation I always find these salads a bit much. Still it was quick to make, popular and tasted very acceptable. 

Taste: 2.5/5 Peas and Mayonnaise - not really my thing
Time: 2.5/5 Quicker if using pre-made mayonnaise
Visual : 3/5 White Potato
Magic:  3/5 Well it Sold Out 

No comments:

Post a Comment