Wednesday 10 July 2013

92 - Sardine and Tomato [Sardinas y Tomate Tapa]

Hmm... Sardines. Big in Portugal, less so in my kitchen. I have had to re-asses my feelings towards them recently [a view which was previously entirely based on a naive view that canned sardines and pilchards were only fit for poor students and drunken fathers] for in their defence when I have eaten them in Portugal they have been incredibly tasty, albeit everywhere. This is a light, brushetta-style dish which is light and oily and summery.

The Verdict:
Grilled and seasoned well, the sardines were crispy and despite having a slight bone issue was a lovely salty addition to the toasted bread and fresh tomatoes. Overall, not my favourite fish but a staple satisfying dish! 


Taste: 3.5/5 Fishy Toast
Time:     3/5 15 Mins
Visual:   3/5 Bit Weird
Magic:   3/5 Solid Effort

No comments:

Post a Comment