Friday 7 June 2013

67 - Fried Squid with Chili and Garlic [Calamares Fritos con Chile y Ajo]



How to cheer yourself up when ill/ down/ blargh : find and eat some chili squid with a lovely companion! Sure its unhealthy but (after tom yum or wanton soup) its my favorite ultimate comfort food. Eaten all over the Medditeranean and Middle - Far East this has become a staple order of mine whenever I go out for a meal and is something I WILL learn  to cook properly...

The Verdict:
Never fails to cheer me up. Perfectly cooked, lovely flavours and excellent white wine, lemon, parsley dipping sauce. More Please. Yes Please. Yumsk..

Taste:                    4.5/5 YUM!
Cost :                     3/5 Fair Price for an Octopus
Speed of Service : 3/5 Sure
Magic :                  4.5/5 Oh Yes.

Also how cute are these chocolates?! I was brought them back by my family from Amsterdam when they had been away on an adventure and just got round to opening them.. These are so sweet, tulip shaped, come in all the main chocolate flavours and the chocolate used is high quality and delicious (although the while chocolate were naturally my favourite).

No comments:

Post a Comment