Thursday 27 June 2013

79 - Poached Egg and Roe Tapas [Huevo Escalfado y Roe Tapa]

The insanity of my life this year has resulted in having some part time employment in a gorgeous Medditerranean restaurant part time. It's a lovely place with renowned food and working there is rather fun. On the more disturbing side though it has meant that I have encountered industrial sized times of pressed cod roe. This makes my stomach churn slightly as roe, which I encountered for he first time in South Africa n Feb is, in my opinion, pretty awful. I just don't appreciate it. The idea of industrially pressed fish eggs though strikes me as worse. The Spanish lady at work, Carolina however tried to sway my hand and assisted in making this tapas. Not only did I eat roe but successfully poached an egg in wat without the use of any utensil. Yes 28 years of age and I can finally make eggs...

The Verdict:  I'm sure many people would of snapped this up as a winning day, the roe just killed it for me. Maybe someday ill acquire a taste but not anytime soon. The ham was excellent, the bread nice and rustic and the egg was well cooked. Shame about the roe! 

Taste: 2.5/5
Time: 3.5/5
Visual: 4.5/5
Magic: 3/5



No comments:

Post a Comment