Sunday 20 April 2014

109 - Butternut Squash and the Veggie Tapas Feast


This was a special evening. I was back up north and Andrew and I decided to host a dinner party for two awesome vegetarian friends of ours who has just gotten engaged [Major congratulations Emma & Dan]. Given this challenge the logical thing was to create plates of tapas. What resulted was a healthy feast of various tapas, some we had done before (stuffed mushrooms, olives etc) and some like the honey roasted Moroccan butternut squash were new. I met Emma and Dan on a rooftop in Glasgow for a music festival and if that doesn't result in friendship I don't know what will!

The Verdict:

I have to say this was tasty though in all fairness due to a) the combination of food on offer b) the accompanying wine it was hard to assess this individually. I can honestly recommend it to anyone who is holding a dinner party and wants a slightly unusual side! All in all most of the food was destroyed and very well received!

Taste:  3.5/5 Good! (I Think) 
Time:  2/5 45 mins
Visual: 2/5 Orange Mush
Magic: 3/5 Overall Yes

No comments:

Post a Comment