Sunday 20 April 2014

122 - Scallops on a bed of Giant Corn [Vieiras y Maíz Gigante]


New York! Home of yummy food, awesome buildings, great art and brilliantly amusing people. Hello holiday! So I arrived at the hotel slightly knackered and super excited to get to the rooftop bar with one of the best views ever. Seriosly Ever. Cocktail on the roof then decided to stay in for dinner, a day of travelling leaves one very disorientated and I wanted to relax so I could get up and explore the next day. On looking at the menu I was hit by how much corn was in the menu, I know I'm in America but this was ridiculous. In the end I picked this:


The Verdict:

It was tasty and the giant corn had a lovely semi fried texture to it. However there was a lack of seasoning and spice which would of made a world of difference. Still it was something slightly different and who cares I'm in New York.


Taste:  3/5 Alright
Cost:   3/5 'Twas Restaurant Week
Visual: 2.5/5 Yellow
Magic: 3/5 Screw it I'm in NYC

No comments:

Post a Comment