Sunday 20 April 2014

127 - Knish! [Knish?]

I had been told but never realised how much time I would spend just walking around New York. As such you spend a lot of time passing street vendors and food literally everywhere. One thing you keep passing is this thing called Knish. Knishes. It's a Eastern European delicacy which at some point I new had to be eaten, mainly so I could figure out what the fudge a Knish was. Not strictly tapas but also not not tapas. So here goes Knish...


The Verdict


This is so strange but kinda satisfying. It's like a flourery potato doughnut filled with savoury filling, slightly vinegary but in a pleasant way and some kind of pickled vegetables. It's hot, weird and satisfying and is something I've never even encountered or heard of let alone eaten so bonus. I can imagine on a cold day this would be a great thing. Afterwards it was rounded off by another first, I had my first Snowcone in Central Park which was colourful, cool and fun. 


Taste:  3.5/5 Good and Weird!
Cost:   5/5 Even by American standards this was inexpensive
Visual: 3/5 Knish.
Magic: 3.5/5 Knish! 

No comments:

Post a Comment