Monday 1 April 2013

01 - Rice With Green Sauce [Arroz En Salsa Verde]

Perhaps a curious choice to begin with. Neither particularly Spanish nor dramatic...nor ambitious. However given that I spent the entirety of yesterday in bed being rather ill and will have to spend the majority of tonight working late for a deadline I wanted something simple, warming and filling. 

The Verdict: 
I have to say although a rather basic recipe, it was damn tasty. I chargrilled the asparagus to my own taste so they had that lovely BBQ smokiness which I really love. [I think there is something rather great about BBQ'd asparagus]. And although the sauce was simple, the garlic and parsley brought a lovely freshness to it which was really rather good and incredibly more-ish. For simple colour variation I used some pink peppercorns instead of black.
Taste :  3/5  Deceptively Yum 
Time :   4/5  20 Mins
Visual : 2/5  Bit Bland 
Magic : 2/5  Nothing Insane But Tasty 






No comments:

Post a Comment