Thursday 25 April 2013

25 - Fava Bean Ragu [Ragu De Habas]


I have a lot of spare fava beans to use up and along with already having the other ingredients required to make this, this sounded like the tastiest option by far. I'm having a very Ragu based day but if it helps get the work done and is hot and yummy then I don't really mind...

The Verdict:
I did add some chili to the mix and probably didn't leave it simmering for long enough as it came out kind of powdery thanks to the carrot but this was really good. Next time I have to make a spaghetti Bolognese or something similar, I'm going to use this as the basis for the sauce. The beans gave it a really creamy texture while the addition of bacon, which I had never thought of adding to Ragu before was this dish's shining glory. It would work equally well with pancetta I think but the flavour in every bite was unreal. 






Taste :      4/5       Bacon Magic
Time  :      2.5/5     35 minutes
Visual :      3/5       Powdery
Magic :      4/5       Indeed.


I know I don't need a giant miffy lamp and my life is no less insane for owning one, but it is a really nice object...

No comments:

Post a Comment