Sunday 14 April 2013

13 - Toast With Cheese and Beer [Pan De Molde Con Queso Y Cerveza]


This is another recipe which just sounds genius. Not really something I'd ever throw together normally but as an evening snack or as a morning alternative to a fry-up breakfast it does sound slightly different at least...


The Verdict:

Its surprisingly tasty. I did wonder when I saw the gloopy mess in the pan that it wouldn't really work. The recipe was quite vague on the type of cheese/ beer so this could be one for further experimenting. In the end I used mature cheddar and san miguel. The mature cheddar definitely worked well and I think a cheese with less flavour would be pretty bland. I would however like to try this with chili cheese and mustard in future and think that it would also work well as a slightly different macaroni cheese sauce. For cheese on toast it was just rather cool...



Taste :     2.5/5    Yup.. Beery Cheese 
Time  :     5/5       5 Minutes

Visual :     2.5/5    Definitely Cheese on Toast
Magic :     2.5/5    Curiously Tasty

No comments:

Post a Comment