Monday 22 April 2013

21 - Crayfish In Wine And Tomato Sauce [Cangrejos de Rio al Estilo Burdeos]




This dish is Dangerous. Capital D. Flaming brandy included. Anything involving alcohol, fire and seafood gets my vote. I shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a recipe that states all of this but the book dictated and ultimately..its not my kitchen. The lack of crayfish meant that we substituted a ridiculous amount of prawns instead and while we could of opened up some very expensive brandy we used the already open Apricot Brandy instead, it was a risk and one that we were happy to take. Although I was highly skeptical about the rustic looking tomatoes and the addition of a carrot I had a feeling that this dish would be something pretty spectacular...

The Verdict:
Providing that it was not just the wine fumes going to our head this dish is awesome. Sure the sauce could of been blended further but the slight chunkyness was welcome, tasty and unbelievably yummy. It was surprisignly incredible, deceptively light and moreish. This was part of a feast I was making so figured that were it to go wrong, it wouldnt really matter all dishes considered, turned out to be my favourite dish of the lot. Well done recipe, well done. The only downside with this recipe is that having already made it I may need to wait a further 230 days before I can make it again...



Taste :      5/5     Tasty Tapas
Time  :      3/5     20 Minutes
Visual :     4/5     Wine Broth
Magic :     5/5     Secretly Amazing

No comments:

Post a Comment