Monday 8 April 2013

07 - Chicken With Pine Nuts, Peppers and Tomatoes [Guiso De Pollo Con Pinones, Pimentos Y Tomatoes]


Finally, being the weekend I have space and time to cook something with a decent amount of ingredients. Still insanely busy as deadlines are fast approaching and my poor laptop is playing up. Cue a lot of backing up of files and re-installing wireless settings. While I've had better weekends I did manage to squeeze in a watching of March of the Penguins so eventually some kind of relaxing was able to take place...

The Verdict:
This was really yummy. It took a while to cook in the oven due to it being a casserole and our oven being erratic but when it was ready it was filling and the flavours of the wine and garlic had nicely penetrated the chicken. I also lightly toasted the pine nuts before adding because I'm rather partial to them that way. Technically it was supposed to be sliced green bell peppers used however I just used small red sweet ones so while I prefer their taste over the green, the end result didn't quite reach the full potential of the varied colour. Although a truly lovely flavorful dish, having it on its own was a bit lacking and it would benefit, I think from the inclusion of some rice. 



Taste :  4/5     Pretty Awesome
 Time :  2/5     45 minutes

Visual :  3.5/5  I Would
Magic :  4/5    Surprisingly Juicy 



No comments:

Post a Comment