Sunday 14 April 2013

14 - Pork Fillets In Wine [Solomillitos De Cerdo Al Vino]



This strikes me as the perfect  wet and windy Sunday meal. Simple, warming and rather wintery which as I've caught a cold is badly needed and gives me an excuse to finish off a bottle of red which I've had sitting around for long enough and is probably safer cooked with than drunk...

The Verdict:
Considering how simple this was and that it took such a small amount of time, this was incredibly yummy. The pork was juicy and tender and the wine smelled incredible and infused the meat well. It was so filling and easy. I had initially though the sauce might be too runny or dull but there was a good balance. if nothing else this exercise is teaching me that you don't need a lot of ingredients and that a simple tasty meal can be created quickly with a limited number of herbs...

Taste :     4/5       Flavourful and Juicy
Time  :     3/5       15 Minutes
Visual :     4/5       Red, The Colour Of Tasty Food
Magic :     3.5/5    Simple but Ingenious



No comments:

Post a Comment