Tuesday 2 April 2013

02 - Scrambled Eggs With Asparagus and Potatoes [Puntas De Esparagos Revueltas Con Patatas Y Huevos]

For virtually unknown reasons, my German friend Judith and I have a thing about making pancakes as a midnight snack. This would be fine except that a) I'm really not very good at making them and b) I'm incredibly messy when I do. After a particularly messy pancake episode last week I had eggs left over. Outside a cake [pan or otherwise] my favourite kind of eggs are scrambled. The possibility of adding asparagus and fried potatoes to them only makes it more appealing and so choosing this recipe was logical... and had nothing to do with the fact the bank holiday messed up my pay and I had to deal with existing ingredients in my fridge...





The Verdict:
I think this is one of these tasty comforting dishes which would be hard to screw up. In the interests of health and safety I did modify the recipe. Slightly. Instead of deep frying them fully, I boiled the potatoes first before frying them lightly on the outside with oil and smoked paprika. Mainly because I don't have a suitable pot/ pan for frying and I really like my new flat. Covering it in a light spattering of sunflower oil wouldn't do it, myself or my flat-mate any favours. Although this added about 20 minutes onto the time it would of taken me longer to clean up the mess and it meant I went ahead and made the marinade for tomorrows meat. Bonus. This combination was just so damn good. No idea why I hadn't thought of this before. So tasty and filling without being heavy or dull. Great.

Taste :  4/5     Damn Good
 Time :  3/5     40 Mins [would take about 15-20 if fried]
Visual :  3/5     Almost Interesting
Magic :  3/5     Potential as a Life Saving Hangover Breakfast 



No comments:

Post a Comment