Monday 15 April 2013

15 - Rice and Black Pudding [Arroz Con Morcilla]



I'm having a day where I'm just overwhelmed by all the bad things in the world. Its a bit ridiculous but I put it down to tiredness and the fact I'm running a fever for no apparent reason. I was really wanting to hit the extensive fish section in the book tonight but the sheer lack of anything in local shops this evening dictated otherwise. I thought a rice/ meat based thing would be a good idea and on seeing black pudding I was sold...

The Verdict:

As my flatmate said when he saw it "geez that looks like something that came out of me earlier... but with tomatoes" I have to admit he's right. This is beyond a doubt the ugliest tapas yet. Having said that beauty is only skin deep and despite appearances this tasted really, really good. It was meaty but also rather sweet and the rice was cooked perfectly. Great balance of flavours and textures completely made up for the fact this looks like a dogs dinner. This could well be another comfort food type tapas and today I really needed it....



Taste :     4.5/5    Meaty But Sweet
Time  :     3/5       20 Minutes
Visual :     1/5      No.
Magic :     3.5/5   Far tastier than it looks

No comments:

Post a Comment