Thursday 18 April 2013

18 - Ham Tortilla [Tortilla De Jamon]


Finally a piece of Spanish food that people can relate to. this is a thin tortilla with ham (or bacon). After last nights inanity it was time for something proper and which I knew would be a disastrous lark to make. I need humor in my life this week and the insanity of animating a stick man playing golf and creating 3d danish pastries aren't quite cutting the bill....


The Verdict:

Mental note to self: remember when you are making pancakes and the first one comes out all rubbish because the pans not at the right temperature and there's not enough/ too much butter... yes the same happens with Tortillas. It tasted really yummy mainly because I used bacon instead of Serrano Ham as the recipe dictated. I had you see run out of Ham but did have some gorgeous oak cured bacon courtesy of the Tesco's. I think the addition of the bacon more than made up for the scrambled mess which became the tortilla (thing). It was rather tasty and considering it was just for me I didn't really care how It looked but to be fair I'm judging it on my ability to make it. I did include a picture of it in the pan as well and to be fair it didn't look any better....







Taste :     3.5/5    
Had Better Tortillas. Had far worse.
Time  :     5/5       6 minutes
Visual :     1.5/5    Made By Someone Else Probably 4
Magic :     2/5      Needs Convincing






To my infamous flat-mate Mr Ciaran Garvey,
Thank you for putting up with my kitchen-stealing insanity but from this day forth no matter how bad anything I make looks, you have surpassed it with this. A pot of green which not only gave our entire kitchen a grotto-green hue but which took about 3 hours to make. In fairness though, it did taste pretty awesome...

No comments:

Post a Comment