Wednesday 3 April 2013

03 - Marinated Meat Pinchos [Pincho De Carne Adobada]

It's time for some meat. Its only chicken so not the most awe-inspiring choice but if it works I don't mind. The recipe recommended marinading the meat for 4 hours + however I was able to make it the night before while yesterdays potatoes were cooking. This was a win as a very early, hectic day at work left me hungry and with a new freelancing job to start, patience and time tonight are scarce. These are supposed to be on  skewers but I reckon in the absence of a stick a heated tortilla will do....

The Verdict: This tasted soooo good. Next time a BBQ is happening these are getting made again. The marinade was simple and quick and leaving it overnight undoubtedly helped the flavours. The garlic balanced out the hot paprika really nicely and grilling it gave it a great crunchy exterior. Add some yogurt, a dash of chilli sauce and a slightly toasted wrap and that is a damn fine almost-fajita-thing. This will undoubtedly happen again.




Taste : 5/5  Yes Please. More Please. 
 Time : 4/5  10 Mins cook [plus overnight marinade]
Visual : 3/5  Meh. Who cares. Tastes great. 
Magic : 4/5  Shiny Wizard

















Today I also found out that I was destined to have this book for its insanely yellow hide fits perfectly into my ridiculous radioactive bag. Little things keep me happy and other shoppers blind. 



No comments:

Post a Comment