Monday 8 April 2013

06 - Melon Balls With Ham [Bolitas De Melon Con Jamon]

A very simple one today. Its the end of a stressful week and I fancied something sweet. There's actually very few sweet/ dessert based recipes in the book so I settled on melon and ham as its refreshing. I'm not normally Melon's biggest fan (unless I'm somewhere warm) so judging this is in sub-zero temperatures could be interesting...


The Verdict:
This recipe called for the inclusion of Chorizo which went initially went incredibly well with the melon. The smokiness of the sausage was well matched for the musky melon. Once the sweetness of the melon had passed however there was a lingering saltiness which while not fully unpleasant was a bit overbearing. It could very well have been to do with the type of Chorizo I used but in future I'll stick to the plain ham...


Taste :  2/5     Salty Sweet
 Time :  5/5     2 minutes

Visual :  3/5     Pinky [Sadly no melon scoop]
Magic :  2/5    Nice 

No comments:

Post a Comment