Friday 5 April 2013

04 - Rice With Chicken And Green Beans [Arroz Con Pollo Y Judias Verdes]

Tired would be an understatement. Today required something kind of simple, comforting and energy inducing as a lot of work needs to happen tonight. Especially after I got home and realised that my laptop charger was still at work. A hectic round trip later during which I misplaced my ipod and I was not in the mood for fuss. Based on that and the ingredients I have I choose this recipe. It also strikes me as one tapa you would choose if abroad or eating out and either a) felt non-adventures b) was absolutely shattered/ ill/ starving c) having an unfairly awful day d) everything else on the menu contained snail stuffed garlic tripe...

The Verdict:
This is the kind of dish which is eaten all over the world. A non - pretentious simple risotto with chicken, beans and rice. The addition of saffron and spices however elevates this by giving it both a taste and colour kick. Warm and cooked like a risotto its comforting with a sticky gluey texture to the rice that I like. Personally I would add more flavour or vegetables to it such as pepper or onion or use Passata instead of fresh tomatoes but it was incredibly sastisfying and its hard to really criticise such a staple dish!

Taste :  3/5     Hearteningly Unpretentious
 Time :  2/5        40-45 Mins
Visual :  3.5/5       Red and Green 
Magic :  2/5       Satisfyingly Standard

No comments:

Post a Comment