Monday 13 May 2013

41 - Beer Battered Calamari [Cerveza Maltratadas Calamari]


Another Catalan inspired piece of magic. I really love Calamari. The first time I had it was in Greece and was before I really started eating any seafood. What I loved about Calamari and Octopus was a) its really weird b) Its not in the slightest bit fishy c) The chewy texture is really good. Since then I've eaten a lot of calamari most noteably in South Africa this year because they kjnow how to cook it, over here its often overdone and  rubbery so we shall see how this one holds up...


The Verdict:
This was cooked perfectly! The batter was light, the lemon was fresh and the squidling was far from rubbery. Possibly some of the best cooked Calamari I've ever had.Epic. 


Taste : 4/5
Cost : 3.5/5
Speed of Service: 4/5
Magic : 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment