Wednesday 15 May 2013

45 - Tuna Tortilla [Tortilla de Atun]

Ok so another Tuna tortilla with slightly different ingredients. I wasn't just being unadventurous in making this now so soon after the last dish for on a quick supermarket trip I picked up a  "omelette" frying pan for the extortionate half- price amount of £2. I'm curious to see if having an appropriate sized pan for the size of dishes I'm making will have a positive improvement on the look of my tortillas. 

The Verdict:
Hallelujah. It's a tortilla at last. So I might be overly excited in the fact I've managed to get closer to resembling an actual dish at last but this one was really tasty. Much better than yesterday's attempt. It was slightly chargrilled because I'm still reducing the amount of oil I'm using but to be honest I love a burnt pancake. The addition of milk when cooking the tuna made the flavour much more satisfying and meant that the crunchy onion syndrome which destroyed the previous dish was completely avoided. Happy days and finally a skill has been achieved. Now to practice it. 

Taste:       4/5   Creamy
Time:        4/5  5 Mins
Visual :      3/5  Finally
Magic :   3.5/5  Huzzah

No comments:

Post a Comment