Friday 31 May 2013

62 - Tuna Meatballs [Albóndigas de Atún]




Also I like tuna meatballs. They are meaty, light and pretty tasty. Still when I tell people I'm making Tuna meatballs they look at me in an unjustifiably curious manner. Conversely I think they are odd for I much prefer warm to cold Tuna [Sushi aside because Tuna Sashimi is just amazing] and the thought of a tuna mayonnaise sandwich is pretty stomach churning. 

Pine Nut Puzzle : The recipe called for pine-nuts. The supermarket sold one bag for £4 in the whole foods shelf and the same amount for £1.75 in the dried fruit/ baking section. Both were the supermarkets own brand. Why. In the end I used some linseed instead because it goes better with fish in general and are crunchier. 

The Verdict:
These are great and held together much more than the meatballs I made earlier in the year. Lovely flavour, addition of lemon with the chilli worked really well in complementing the Tuna. Happy dish. 

Taste: 4/5 Complimentary
Time : 4/5 10 Mins
Visual: 3/5 Held Together
Magic: 3/5 Nice One.

No comments:

Post a Comment