Monday 13 May 2013

42 - Chickpeas and Cucumber Salad [Ensalada De Garbanzos Con Pepino]

This week I'm really trying to be healthy. Trying. And failing. So I made this to eat for lunch and thought a) something refreshing would be nice b) I'm skint and what do I have in the fridge/ cupboard. Thing is that I really hate cucumber. Its really the one thing I never eat. Most people think I'm crazy because its such an inoffensive vegetable but I hate the smell, how it dominates anything it goes near and the crunchy flavour-less texture. Nevertheless I had very little to make anything else and well it was the morning. There are a lot of recipes which use ingredients I'm not a fan of so at least this one is in-offensive and its only for lunch anyway..


The Verdict:
Despite the cucumber element this was refreshing. I did eat around the cucumber so may have been better off leaving it out entirely but felt that was cheating. I also used tinned chickpeas because I didn't fancy waiting 40 minutes for a salad at 7am. I popped this in the freezer at work for 5 minutes before eating so it was super chilled. As salads with my least favourite food goes, this was ok. Tasted like it might/ should be healthy anyway. 

Taste: 1/5     Distinctly Cucumber-y
Time:  4/5     10 Minutes
Visual: 4/5     Salads Look Great
Magic: 2/5     Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment