Friday 31 May 2013

61 - Fried Dates Wrapped in Bacon [Fechas Envuelto en Tocino]


Simple one today. And potentially a great one. Dates is something I never eat until I find myself in the Mediterranean and every-time I do I remember that I like them as much as I like figs. Which is quite a lot. I am always reminded though of the scene in Indiana Jones where the dates are poisoned. Maybe I should have a monkey nearby next time just in case.

The Verdict: This is really good. It has the salty/ sweet combination which anyone who's eaten bacon with maple syrup knows its an absolute winner. Simple and very very tasty.

Taste :     4/5 More Please
Time  :    5/5 7 Minutes
Visual : 2.5/5 Needs a Plate Full
Magic :   4/5 Lovely.


Also I've found my new favourite biscuit after a packet mysteriously appeared [then less curiously vanished] at work. They are Italian biscotti - possibly [hopefully] from Lidls and taste like the chocolate/ vanilla elements to Neapolitan ice-cream. I ate them yesterday with strawberries just to complete the triangle. So good.



No comments:

Post a Comment