Thursday 2 May 2013

30 - Peruvian Tapas Part I

Hello London. 
So after anticipating one day in the big smoke amazingly it's turned into two. After the most nerve wracking interview I've ever had it was time for tapas. It's not from the book and I didn't make it so is that cheating? Who knows. I did rationalise though that if I'm not making it myself then I should at least choose things which I can't make, either through lack of skill or ingredients. I stumbled across this lovely restaurant where I befriended a retired business analyst and an illustrator waiter who assisted me with the tapas choices. The restaurant was a Peruvian tapas bar called Cerviche in soho and boy was it tasty... 

1. Tequeños wanton fritters filled with Chifa style chicken and vegetables, cheese, chard and Botija olives.
The Verdict: Oh wow. These are good. Kind of like a deep fried fajita. The pastry was more robust than a chinese crispy roll which gave it a gorgeous crunchy texture They came with a yummy honey mustard dipping sauce and were eaten very very quickly.
Taste: 4.5/5
Cost: 3/5
Speed of Service : 4/5
Magic: 4/5

2. Pulpo y Chorizo : Marinated and braised Octopus and Chorizo skewer, with a samphire and black Quinoa salad.
The Verdict: While really rather good, this was an odd combination of meat and textures, although odd it worked but I do have to say that I'm officially all Chorizo'd out after this. 
Taste: 3.5/5
Cost: 2.5/5
Speed of Service: 4/5
Magic: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment